Yes, our annual Girls To The Moon Campference is all about empowering girls. Making sure girls know they can BE and DO anything is why Girls to the Moon exists.
But that doesn’t mean grownups are in for a day of watching from the sidelines. Our campference is designed for you and your girls to enjoy together – and the conversations, insights and experiences you have Sept. 16 will reverberate for weeks and months to come, bringing you together to talk about the stuff that matters.
Caregivers are crucial to the development of strong, healthy, independent girls, and this is your day, too.
Here’s what you can expect
- Sessions: Hear from diverse expert speakers on topics of health and wellness, relationships, and creativity and innovation. Sessions are designed for you to experience right alongside your girls.
- Caregivers’ space: NEW this year! Caregivers are put in lots of tricky situations – maybe you could use an expert’s help? We’ve set aside an hour with specialists in child development, sexuality, and other critical topics. Submit your question in advance or ask it live. This open “office hour” runs concurrently with sessions so girls can have some time for themselves, too.
- Interactive Gallery: Manicures, coding, carpentry, fashion, yoga, music, philanthropy and more. Dive in right alongside the girls and experience it for yourself! It’s a great opportunity for some bonding time (and maybe a few selfies!)
- Food and drink: We’ve got you covered! Lunch for all is catered by Crave Catering, and caregivers can stay caffeinated with fresh java provided by Frothy Monkey.
- T-shirts and goodies for you both!
Here are some tips for making the most of your day together
- Plan your day in advance. Check out the schedule and talk with your girls ahead of time about the topics they’re most interested in. Let them take the lead!
- Participate in as many sessions and activities as you like. We’ve designed the day with lots of “together time” but also some space apart and plenty of downtime activities like a conversation corner and a quiet room. Everything is optional, so use your time the way you and your girls want!
- Listen: Not only to the speakers (although we promise they’re going to blow your mind!) but to your girls’ reactions, questions and insights on what they’ve heard. (Maybe take a few notes if you can manage.) These are all great future conversations to have!
- Talk: Between sessions, on the drive home, 3 months from now! Our caregiver alumni tell us that the conversations that begin at the GTTM campference are the most invaluable aspect. Make the most of it!